Dear Parents, Carers and Community Members,
As we move into the 2020 school year, we would like to advise of changes to the tuckshop service at Coomera State School.
Your P&C is committed to providing and maintaining a tuckshop service that:
- Delivers tasty, affordable and healthy food and drink choices in line with the QLD government 'Smart Choices – Healthy Food and Drink Supply Strategy'
- Is capable of contributing financially to the school to benefit students
- Is welcoming and attractive to the school community
In order to facilitate these objectives, the P&C is working very hard behind the scenes to finalise:
- A new menu to align with the 'Smart Choices – Healthy Food and Drink Supply Strategy'
- New hours of operation to enable financial viability
- The introduction of a new mobile payment platform, Qkr! which will replace all current ordering & payment methods
On account of this and as an interim measure, commencing Tuesday 28th January, the tuckshop will be open for FIRST BREAK ONLY and will be offering a very limited menu. Ordering will be via the paper bag system only. NO ONLINE ORDERING will be available.
Volunteer assistance will be required from 8:30am to approximately 11:00am daily to ensure student orders can be processed. To ensure the ongoing operation of our tuckshop, the P&C encourages anyone in our school community who may be able to assist to drop by the tuckshop or make contact via email@example.com.
Further updates and detailed information will be provided in the very near future.
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience the reduced hours and limited menu may cause, and look forward to your continued support in 2020.