Statement of purpose
Coomera State School exists to provide exceptional learning for every child, every day at school. This will occur in a safe, caring and supportive environment.
We are committed to achieving the best educational outcomes for every student in our school. We provide high quality education that assists Coomera State School students to love learning, develop judgement and a sense of responsibility, understand the past and prepare them to embrace the future.
We will equip young people for the future to enable them to contribute to a socially, economically and culturally vibrant society.
“We believe in exceptional learning. Every student. Every day”
At Coomera, every child will learn in exceptional ways every day at school. We will make a real difference for every child. Our success criterion for every child is sustained, well above national rates of learning growth.
Our learning vision for every child is unlimited. This will be guided by:
• Is this the best thing for Coomera kids?
• Is this a fair thing to do?
• Are we going to gain from this?
Our school community believes:
• learning is lifelong
• all individuals have the capacity to learn but at different rates and in different ways
• quality curriculum programs, interpersonal relationships and school organisation contribute to worthwhile academic and social outcomes for all
• individuals learn best in an environment that is safe, success-oriented and which reflects the principles of equity and social justice
• positive, proactive approaches promote the achievement of quality learning and social outcomes
• everyone has the right to feel safe, cared for and respected and to learn and play without disruption
• everyone is expected to be responsible for their own behaviour and respect the rights of others
• school policies should include proactive steps to promote self-worth and self-discipline and graduated reactive steps to deal with various situations that may arise
• responsibility for individual development is cooperatively shared among students, staff and parents
• our school community provides appropriate social role models.
Our school values guide everything that we do. These are: